We like to open and close the shades more now that we can ask Alexa to do it.
The End Result
Key bits that makes this work:
- The motor with a radio – Somfy Roll Up Wirefree R28 RTS Motor
- The motor radio to z-wave thing – Somfy ZRTSI RTS 16 Channel Z-Wave to RTS Plug-in Interface Wall Module
- Wink Hub – The z-wave thing to internet thing
- An Alexa Device – Echo Dot
There are also some other little bits that are needed, but are less exciting:
- Remote Control
- Lithium Disposable Batteries
- Battery Tube
- Roller Shade Tube Adapter (this will probably be different for you)
- Motor-side Shade Mount
In picto-form (missing Wink + Echo):
- Fit the motors into the shade
- Get the shades hung back up andattach the battery stick
- Program the shade with the somfy remote
- Connect the Somfy Z-Wave to RTS thing to the motors
- Set up Wink to talk to the Somfy Z-Wave to RTS thing
- Set up IFTTT
Fit the Motors into the Shade
Shove em in the hole.
Hang The Shades and Stuff
Use all the screws and brackets.
Setting up the Somfy Remote
Watch these terrible videos:
Setting up RTS to Z-Wave Thing
Watch these terrible videos to get things working with a remote
Setting up Wink
Add the z-wave stuff to Wink
Make a shortcut!
Setting up IFTTT
Do it like this: